Inspired by this article from BookRiot, here are some of my dirty little reading secrets:
- The first time I read The Picture of Dorian Gray I ended up stopping halfway through. I just couldn’t get into it.
- I liked the Lord of the Rings movies better than the books.
- I am horribly ashamed to admit that I devoured the Twilight series, even though the whole time I was aware of how awful it was. It was an internal battle, and common sense lost.
- I’ve still never read Beowulf. It was never assigned to me, and I avoided Medieval lit classes like the plague (ha!).
- I really don’t enjoy reading short stories.
- I don’t like reading books on a device in public because I want people to see me reading and not assume that I’m playing some stupid game. Yes, I have issues.
- I have too many books on my bookshelf that I haven’t read. It feels like false advertising.
- I often make snooty comments to myself while reading that go something like: “Pft this author clearly doesn’t understand the concept of ‘show don’t tell.’”
What are some of your dirty reading secrets?